Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oil Ranch Fun!

Today I took the boys to the Oil Ranch. It is a very fun place to go..they have, hay rides where you can feed the cows, petting zoo where you can feed the animals,train ride, horse riding, cow milking, and a bunch of other "ranch" things to do. We have gone every October since we have lived here and I really love it. I was a little worried because yesterday it rained a ton and this morning it was still overcast, so I was worried about the mud, but it was actually really dry there and the weather was amazing....we even had to wear a light jacket when we first got there! It was just the boys and I which was a little strange since usually we do these type of things with our group of friends, but it was really nice to spend some quality time, just me and them. It was really funny on the hay ride because the cows are not shy at all about trying to get as much food as possible...Trey was okay at first when he was giving the cow the 2 pieces of food, but once he was out of food, they still wouldn't leave him alone and this one kept trying to eat on his leg, so Trey flipped out...I felt so bad for the little guy, but it was funny. Then I was excited because Trey actually rode the horse this year. He has never ridden any animal and he was so proud of himself for doing it. Tucker, has never been timid about riding the animals, so of course he loved it. The boys had a blast and got to pick out a pumpkin before we left. Tucker wanted the biggest one he could find and Trey wanted a little one. This sure did put us all in the Halloween/Harvest spirit!

0 comments: