Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Field Trip Fun

This past Wednesday the boys went on a field trip for school and I got to tag along too. It was Trey's first "official" field trip, even though we got to go along with Tucker last year. We went to Dewberry Farm and had fun on a hay ride, picking a pumpkin off the vine, feeding and petting farm animals, and playing around on the other activities at the farm. I love going there..this is actually the 3rd time we have been, but the weather was horrible...it was about 94 degrees with full humidity and because of all the rain we have had, the ground was extremely wet. Surprisingly, the boys didn't really get too muddy, which is so not like them...but I was happy about that. I was a little bummed out because usually they have a big variety of pumpkins, squash, and gourds, but one of the farmers told us that because the weather was hotter than usual, the squash and gourds didn't grow at all. Then because of all the moisture, a bunch of the pumpkins were moldy or rotten..I would say at least half of the entire crop was yucky. Despite the crummy conditions, the boys had a blast. I, however, didn't exactly share their enthusiasm, but I wouldn't miss it..I loved being able to experience these things with them.

Trey by the baby chicks


Trey feeding the goat


Tucker on the hay ride


Tucker in the pumpkin patch...he's making a face because it muddy and the pumpkins are "yucky"....it cracks me up


Tucker in the fort


The boys jumping on the inflatable "Pillow"


Trey going down the roller slide


Tucker going down the roller slide


The boys racing their ducks

0 comments: