Well, I'm 34 weeks this week.....and somehow last week I missed out on the reliziation that I only had 6 weeks left...now only 5 weeks left. I had my appointment on Wednesday and things are good. His heartbeat was 131 this time and really strong. I gained 2 pounds a week since my last appointment, which is what I gain every week. In total I have gained 42 pounds since I have been pregnant, which she told me "is just too much weight to gain while pregnant" so I need to cut back and yada yada yada...whatever...I'm excited because if I keep gaining 2 pounds a week, I will have only gained 52 pounds....which my goal this time was to only gain 50 pounds...it is better than the 65 I gained each time with Tucker and Trey. I am just a person who gains weight when I am pregnant, no matter what I am doing as far as eating and working out and what not...so whatever... She told me that idealily I should only gain 1/2 to a pound a week because I have gained so much already...so I said okay, but I was thinking whatever...I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.
She is going to schedule me another ultrasound in a few weeks to check on the baby's size again because my tummy is measuring 4 weeks ahead still(measuring 38). I am a little concerned because she is so conserned about the baby getting too big and is making it seem like she might take the baby early if he does get too big and I am really not okay with that. Unless there is some medical reason why he needs to be delivered early, I want him born at 39 weeks. Like I said in my last baby update post, they said Trey was going to be just as big or bigger than Tucker, and he was almost an entire pound less, so I would be very upset if they said the same thing about this little guy and took him before 39 weeks and he was really small, I would be pretty upset...I just want him to be healthy and just really don't think he should be born early just because he "might" be a big baby...especially during cold and flu season...sorry to keep going on about this, but it's bugging me.
As far as how I'm feeling...I'm actually feeling pretty good although I can tell I'm getting towards the end because I'm feeling pretty chubby and I'm sad my face is looking chubby, but oh well...they weather here has been horrible..on Tuesday, the hi was 93 with super high humidity...so it actually felt like 103. So it was hot and miserable...the heat makes me swell so bad, my hands get so swollen that they hurt...ugh..it is horrible. My feet haven't swollen that much, which is good, but I'm having other problems with them...because summer is so hot here, I don't think I have worn anything, but flip flops since May...so I've been wearing shoes a little more often now because I am so dang tired of flip flops and my feet hurt so bad after wearing them...they just feel squished and hot and for some reason my calves hurt....but if I wear flipflops my ankles and arches hurt so bad...either way by the end of the day, I'm sore... I've had heartburn pretty bad for awhile now, but it is getting horrible at night. Last night it was so bad it actually woke me up....I even had 4 tums before I fell asleep.
Now, as far as getting things ready for his arrivale, I am just going to make a seperate post about that...because we have been busy :D
Thursday, October 8, 2009
34 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
You are getting so close to being done! I would fight your doctor if she tries to take him early. He's coming out by csection anyways so I wonder why she is so worried about his size.
Post a Comment