Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The kindergarten experience!

Tucker is now 7 school days into his kindergarten year! The first 4 days were great, got up early and ready on time! Friday was another story. He still woke up on time, but he was not excited about it at all. He told me that it takes to long at school and he just wants to stay at home. Of course I told him he had to go to school and he said he doesn't want to because he will miss everyone, so we went and found a family picture, wrote 'we love you Tucker' on the back and stuck it in his backpack. He seemed okay with that, but as he gets on the bus I can tell he is about to cry. After school that day, our friend tells us that Tucker was holding the picture on the bus crying...oh man...this made me so SAD! My poor baby, but when I talked to Tucker about it he tells me, 'I only cried a little bit, but then I was okay' Well, that makes me feel a little bit better!

He definitely enjoyed his weekend and Monday morning, he woke up a little late, so we rushed around and when we walk out of the house the bus is at the stop before his, so he runs the entire way to the stop! (Oh and he asked for a new picture to put in his backpack..so of course I did (the first one is the 4 of us at an Astro's game and the second one is the 4 of us when we went sledding in Colorado a couple of years ago..we need some more family pictures with Ty!)

Today, again, he didn't want to go to school, but Vinny isn't working, so Tucker got to be the big boy and show daddy where the bus stop is and how he gets on the bus! That made him feel much better! So far...it's not too bad of a start to the school year. We are having meet the teacher on Wednesday, so I'm sure I will have much to report after that!

Here are the pictures from the first day!
Getting ready to walk to the bus stop.
At the bus stop!
Getting on the bus!!!
My friend snapped this one of Tucker in his classroom!
Practicing his lunch code after the second day of school.

0 comments: