Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st Day of School

Today was Tucker first day back to school and Trey's first day of school ever(well that is without me at the school with him)!

Tucker was really excited about it and couldn't wait to go back to school without me. He told me he wasn't going to cry this year because he is a big boy (he cried the first 3 day last year) and he didn't cry at all. He was really excited. I got him a new backpack..a camo one (he calls it his Army bag)...it's kind of big, but he really wanted an Army bag, so I will just have to deal with it.

Trey wasn't quite so sure about going to school without me. Tucker was a great big brother and gave him a bunch of nice pep talks all day yesterday and this morning. I could definitely tell he was a little nervous this morning at home and the drive over, but once we got there and he was in the classroom he was totally fine. He gave me a hug good-bye and made me kiss his little kitty he brought along...he wouldn't kiss me though for some reason....and he waved bye and I left...with no issues or tears!!! I was so relieved! I was so worried he was going to cry and that would have broke my heart...

Now, what did I do with my time....I wandered...I went to the post office...it took forever...but it was nice just standing there with only my thoughts. Then I went to Target..tried on some clothes, wandered around the entire store...it was funny because I always walk around Target the same way and I turned into the toy section...and I realized...I don't have to walk through the toy section if I don't want to...so I didn't! It was nice. And I had a yummy carmel frappacino...and I didn't have to worry about anyone asking me to have a sip. After that I went to Ross and TJ Max..and found nothing...I was bummed because usually I can find amazing deals there...and this time nothing...but it was still fun. Then I went over to Hobby Lobby and picked up some fabric to start on my next baby project and I was trying to find boxes for the boys room that I can decorate or paint, but I didn't find what I was looking for. After that it was time for me to go get the boys! It was a very fun day....but it was so weird not having at least one of the boys with me while I was out!

When I picked them up they were very excited and told me they had a good day. Tucker colored me a picture and Trey drew one for Vinny...which is funny because usually it is the other way around!



0 comments: