As of yesterday Ty is 4 months old! And like I say all the time, I can't believe he is already 4 months old...he grows so fast! Today he had his check-up and he is doing great. He weighs 15lbs 10.5ozs. and 25.75inches, which puts him right above the 60th percentile. Ty is such a good sleeper..well at night anyways.. sleeping from around 8ish to 7ish, wakes up eats, and doses back off for an hour or so. During the day, not so much, I am lucky if he sleeps for more than 20 minutes at a time. For the last few weeks, he is having trouble staying asleep during the day, and only takes about 2 or 3 20ish minute naps and maybe every once in awhile, he will sleep for about 45 minutes or and hour. It hasn't been fun for me, but I would rather up all day than being up all night. I asked the doctor about his sleeping and she told me that she can tell from his personality that he is just a very alert and active guy and he might not sleep much during the day... Recently he decided that he doesn't care for the pacifier that much..only every once in awhile and he has started sucking his thumb every once in awhile too. It's really cute to see him suck his thumb, but I have one of those (Trey) who is still sucking his thumb..Tucker was a paci baby and it was much easier to control that. So we will see what Ty eventually decided he likes better..but I'm praying for the "pass"!
He is getting such a cute little personality. He laughs and smiles at just about everything, especially if we nibble on his neck and he is very ticklish. It is really funny because he could be crying and I put him front of a mirror and as soon as he sees himself he automatically stops crying and smiles (I really need to get it on the video camera..it is so freaking cute!!!!) When he gets upset, he doesn't like to cry right away, he pouts his little lip first and then he just fusses a bit..well actually a lot before he really gets to crying...but man does he have a set of lungs when he wants to use them.
He is getting to big for his britches literally and figuratively. He is pretty much out of all of his 3-6 month clothes...a few still fit, but not many..mostly he is wearing size 6 month..(I need to go through his closet and get out the next size so he has some more clothes to wear. Recently he has decided he no longer wants to be held laying down or just lay on the floor. He wants to be sitting up...because he is nosy and wants to see what is going on. He love sitting in his exausaucer,the jumper, this new rocking chair thing, and his bumbo. We can't leave him propped up on anything any more because he likes to do baby sit-ups...he pulls up his head and shoulders and can get so far off whatever he is propped up against and fall straight on his face. (Luckily I learned this while sitting on the bed with him...I was trying to take his picture so I was right in front of him and watched to see how far he could pull up..which ended up being all the way)
The doctor gave the go ahead for rice cereal. She said he doesn't heed it yet, but if we want to try it we can, so I bought some the other day and we will try it soon. I think he is going to love it because he has been "food stalking" me lately (when I eat he stares at me and smacks his cute little lips). I can't believe he is old enough for this already....
Here are some pictures of the big 4 month old boy!!!
He is getting such a cute little personality. He laughs and smiles at just about everything, especially if we nibble on his neck and he is very ticklish. It is really funny because he could be crying and I put him front of a mirror and as soon as he sees himself he automatically stops crying and smiles (I really need to get it on the video camera..it is so freaking cute!!!!) When he gets upset, he doesn't like to cry right away, he pouts his little lip first and then he just fusses a bit..well actually a lot before he really gets to crying...but man does he have a set of lungs when he wants to use them.
He is getting to big for his britches literally and figuratively. He is pretty much out of all of his 3-6 month clothes...a few still fit, but not many..mostly he is wearing size 6 month..(I need to go through his closet and get out the next size so he has some more clothes to wear. Recently he has decided he no longer wants to be held laying down or just lay on the floor. He wants to be sitting up...because he is nosy and wants to see what is going on. He love sitting in his exausaucer,the jumper, this new rocking chair thing, and his bumbo. We can't leave him propped up on anything any more because he likes to do baby sit-ups...he pulls up his head and shoulders and can get so far off whatever he is propped up against and fall straight on his face. (Luckily I learned this while sitting on the bed with him...I was trying to take his picture so I was right in front of him and watched to see how far he could pull up..which ended up being all the way)
The doctor gave the go ahead for rice cereal. She said he doesn't heed it yet, but if we want to try it we can, so I bought some the other day and we will try it soon. I think he is going to love it because he has been "food stalking" me lately (when I eat he stares at me and smacks his cute little lips). I can't believe he is old enough for this already....
Here are some pictures of the big 4 month old boy!!!
sitting in the stroller like a big boy
sitting in his rocker
sucking his thumb








0 comments:
Post a Comment