Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Discovery Tour!!!

The second tour we took was the Discovery Tour. Because there has been so much rain lately, they had to modify the tour a bit because the lowest section of the cavern was filled completely up with water. So we were only able to go down 150 ft. This tour was about 75 minutes long, but only about 30 stairs. The first tour was amazing, but this one was breathtaking. It was so incredible!!! These cavern rooms were HUGE and the formations were beautiful. Bats used to live in these caverns about 5,000 years ago. There is this one passage way("Jane's Passage")is only about 11 inches tall in places. All the men explores were to big to crawl through it, so one of the wives crawled through it for them and she made them name it after her! I don't know I would have done that for Vinny if he had asked :P Ty hung out in the front pack again, but actually fell asleep for awhile, so that was good, but man this little guy is getting big and after over 2 hours of carrying him I was tired!!! It was so fun and I didn't realize that there are actually a bunch of these caverns in the Texas Hill Country, so I think we might explore a couple more, but that is only if Ty doesn't get to heavy first!

0 comments: