Monday, August 24, 2009

Visiting Grandma and Grampa T.

This past weekend we drove over to see Vinny's parents. They just bought an acre of property and a new house to go on it! They moved in a few days ago and aren't even quite unpacked yet, but we couldn't wait any longer to go visit. The house is really cute and I can't wait to see it once it is fully unpacked and decorated! Vinny brought along his yard stuff and helped Vinny's dad with some much needed yard work..1 acre is a lot of work especially when it is pretty raw/natural land. I love it because it reminds me of home...lots of shrubby trees, kind of dry rocky land... It really is nice...it's "country" but I like country! Now Vinny is wishing instead of buying this house when we did, that we should have bought something on land instead. I told him that we will eventually get some land for ourselves...which we will as soon as the housing market goes back up and we can sell our house and actually make something off of it. Anyways, the boys had fun helping out the men doing yard work, but man was it hot so they all took lots of breaks inside. My camera was acting up, so I didn't get very many pictures..and the few I did get didn't turn out the greatest...but I know we will be spending a lot of time at his parents house and there will be plenty of more picture oppertunities. The only bad part of the visit is that Vinny's mom had to go to the hospital..she wasn't feeling good and it turns out she has an intestional infection and is now having to spend a week in the hospital...so please pray for a quick and safe recovery for her.


The boys out in the "yard"


The huge banana spider Vinny found while doing yard work...he said when he and his brother were younger they used to catch these spiders...YUCK!


Trey passed out on the floor...he worked hard! Actually all of the guys, except for Tucker, fell asleep on the floor at one point or another this weekend.

0 comments: