Today I had my 28 week appointment. I had to do the yucky gluecos test..I wasn't very excited because the drink made me super nauseous the 2 previous times, but it really wasn't bad this time at all. Then I had to get my rogam shot (because I have a negative blood type)...that shot sucks...it hurts when they give it and my arm is still sore. Everything checked out good..the little guy's heart beat was at about 149 and it was funny because she had to keep moving the doppler because he was moving around so much. I only gained 2 pounds a week(6 pounds this month instead of 10 pounds last month)since my last appointment...I was happy about this, but the doctor told me that it is still too much weight to be gaining and that I should only really be gaining 1 pound a week...but I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing...I feel healthy and I know my body better than she does...I can't help the fact I get big when I get pregnant... When she measured my belly, I was measuring 32 and you should measure right about however many weeks you are..so in my case 28, but last appointment I measured bigger also..I don't remember exactly how much bigger, but she told me that because I measured bigger 2 appointments in a row and because I am a little on the "heavy" side I need to have an ultrasound next week to check on how the baby is growing because she doesn't want him to get too big...I was all set to tell her that she needs to just face the fact that I get big....but I didn't press it because I'm excited for another ultrasound...hopefully they will give me a better picture this time.
I still haven't done much shopping yet...I seriously can't decide on anything...I have a "list" of stuff on Amazon that I think I want, but I can't decide if I actually want it and I keep waiting to see if I can find a better deal somewhere else...Guess it really is time to start shopping because we are pretty much starting from scratch.
Oh and she told me that if everything goes as planned that I will have my c-section on 11/11/2009...
Countdown Clocks, Pregnancy Countdowns at WishAFriend.com
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
28 Week Check-up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment