On Sunday we decided to go to the beach. The boys were really excited and couldn't wait to get there...we used to go quite often, but I don't even remember the last time we went..so it was a treat for all of us. We go to this beach/area called High Island. It used to be a highway, but a hurricane came(about 10 or 20 years ago) and pretty much blew it away. It's not one of those nice, pretty, sandy beaches, but we like it because you can drive right up on the beach to park and it's really not that crowded. Vinny and Tucker spent the entire day fishing. They caught a bunch of fish...Tucker caught a total of 5, 2 hard-head cat fish, 1 croaker, 1 sheepshead, and 1 red fish. I didn't really keep track of what Vinny caught, but Vinny was jealous that Tucker caught the red fish..but it was too small to keep anyways. Vinny missed a huge something that took his hook really hard, so we ended up having to stay an extra couple of hours to try and catch it again..but he had no such luck. Trey had fun digging in the sand. He fished for a little bit too, but doesn't like to get in the water, so he could barely cast the line into the water...he still likes doing what his big brother and daddy do though. Trey and I had fun jumping(well, he jumped...I just stood there) over the waves and he started to get brave towards the end of the day wanting to get in a little deeper, as long as I was holding his hand. We also looked for sea shells together and found some good ones, especially the conk shell. This is the first time I've found one completely intact, so I was pretty excited...I usually collect about a bucket full, but I didn't get as many this time...it was a lot harder to bend down and pick them up for some reason :P I took a bunch of pictures and spent a lot of time sitting in the shade talking to my best friend on the phone and reading a new book! Vinny got burnt bad (and it still hurting from it) and Trey had a strip of sun burn where his shorts went down from squatting in the sand all day (but it doesn't seem to hurt him any) and Tucker and I made it through the day without getting burnt. It was definitely a fun day and the boys slept good on the way home!!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
A day at the beach
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment