Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flooded with Memories.....

So this morning when I walk outside to take Tucker to school....It felt like I was back home in Colorado....I'm serious..the way it felt outside...it was cool and crisp and even it smelt like Colorado....I swear if my eyes were closed I would have thought I was there. So since then I have been moping around here thinking of how much I really miss it.....we have been here 3 years already...3 years!!! I can't believe it has been that long..it seems to have gone by so fast and yet so slow......

It is always hard to be away from home, but especially now that the boys are getting older. My parents took us everywhere around Colorado and the surrounding states and I have so many AMAZING memories of our adventures I really want to share with the boys, but they are all 15+ hours away from us...so it seems like they are never going to see all the incredible places my parents to me and my brothers and my best friend :D I know we have a lot of years left to go see and do things, but at the rate time is flying already..it's going to go by too quick......

Now, I understand that we are making new memories and exploring new places, but I miss my mountains...with real camping, hiking, fishing, 4-wheel driving, and mountain biking...and I miss snow and having 4 defined seasons and being able to get them all in one week..and I miss leaves changing color, falling off and raking them in a big pile to jump in......most all though I miss my family and I HATE not having them close by...I miss having dinner with my parents most night of the week, even after Vinny and I were married...and getting together with everyone for every holiday because we love each other and really want to spend as much time together as possible.......

Don't even get me started on my other home...even though I've actually never resided in that state..it will always be my other home....Wisconsin.....I'm so happy we got to take the boys there and even though Tucker was only 2 he still remembers..milking cows and riding the tractor....having campfires and meeting his extended family.....I really hope we can go again very soon....man I love it there!!!

I wonder if I could ever love another place as much as I love my 2 homes.........I really don't think it is possible.....but we shall see I guess....life is about living and making the best out of every situation.......and most days I am very successful, but today that stupid de-ja-vu feeling of being in Colorado has me missing everything we left behind so intensely it hurts........

0 comments: