So Saturday night we are just hanging out doing nothing much, just watching tv and hanging out..around 9 I was tired already and getting the boys ready for bed when Vinny comes inside from the garage and says "We should go to San Antonio, stay the night and do the river walk the next day" And of course I say "let's go!" I start packing a bag and getting the boys changed into some clothes and he comes in again(he does most of his thinking and talking on the phone in the garage) and says I need to pack some nice clothes because we are staying at a 4star hotel tonight....so ok and I do...
We finally get out of the door a little after 10 at night. The drive wasn't the best, it rained on and off the whole way and we had to take a huge detour because the shut part of the entire interstate down....but we get to downtown San Antonio around 1am an our exit is blocked off...so we just take the next one...no big deal, but once we get into the actual downtown part, there are TONS AND TONS of people, walking around, driving around..it was nuts...we got directions off of the internet and I basically know where we are going (I am usually the one who is better with directions) but all of the streets going towards where we need to go are completely blocked off...so we end up driving around for awhile..stopped and asked for directions from another hotel, and all we need to do is go up 3 blocks, but we can't get there because it is blocked....so we keep driving around and finally we find our way to the hotel at around 1:40...well it turns our they are having some huge festival and they just got done with a parade, which is why the roads were blocked off and so many people were still out....It was crazy, but so worth it... Our hotel was georgous!!!!! It really was amazing...but I told Vinny next time we go to a 4 star hotel, we aren't bringing the boys and we are going to spend more than 8 hours in the room.....It was fun though and worth it!!!
Then the next day we went to the River Walk and the Alamo. The boys seemed to really enjoy themselves at both places. Tucker was very interested in the Alamo because soldier used to live here and we kind of told him what happened there and he seemed to understand it a bit. He especially liked looking at all the old weapons and cannons. I think he really is going to love history! Then at the river walk, the boys were just loving it...they kept looking for fish and just had a really good time walking around (we didn't take the stroller and were a little worried about how they were going to take having to walk the entire time...but they did great!!) Then we stopped and at one of the Mexican Resturants. It was fun, our table was right on the river and the chips and salsa were pretty good, but the food was HORRIBLE...It was probally some of the worst Mexican food I've ever had.....it's pretty hard to make refried beans taste bad, but their's were....so we were still hungary and we went over to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and had some goodies, I had a Chocolate covered strawberry, we all shared Tucker's carmel apple, and Trey had a chocolate covered pretzel. It was a nice taste of home....when I was pregnant with Tucker I would get a carmel apple every time we went to the mall(but I would make Vinny eat most of the carmel off :-)
After we were done at the River walk we drove over to Vinny's parents house and hung out with Grandpa Tony (we were sad because Vinny's mom had to work). Vinny's dad cooked us a good dinner..(at least we had good Mexican food at his house :-). Then we drove home and the boys were passed out within 10 minutes of being in the car!!!
It was such a fun little adventure/mini vacation!!! Next time we are spending more time....I have a feeling we will be spending a lot more time in San Antonio these following months....it is one of my all time favorites place to visit!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Spur of the moment....
Posted by Kate at 4:51 PM
Labels: Family Adventure, The boys, Vinny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











0 comments:
Post a Comment