Sunday, November 14, 2010

R-I-P

I have been avoiding this post because I know I will be crying by the time I'm done writing, but it is something I need to do.

Vinny's dad, Tony, was fighting his battle with ALL (the leukemia he was diagnosed with). He came home to our house from the hospital was feeling pretty good, but after about a week, he took a turn for the worse and ended up having to go back to the hospital earlier than planned. He was in full remission when he left the hospital, but by the time he got back, less than 3 weeks later, it was back and was even worse than before. His body was no longer responding to the treatment. After doing all there was to do, the doctor told us they were out of options. His conditioned rapidly declined and he was moved to hospice. After a brief stay in the hospice, he passed in peace last Saturday night. We learned in the end that the last time he was admitted to the hospital, he no longer had ALL, he actually had Burkitts Lymphoma(a non-hodgkin's lymphomas) or Burkitts Leukemia, one of the most aggressive types of cancers.

We are all sad and grieving his passing, but we take comfort in knowing that Tony is now in a better place.

Tony, we will always love you and we will miss you, but you will always be held in a special place in our hearts.

0 comments: