Last year we dediced to plant grape vines because we wanted something to grow on what used to be a gazebo (only the metal structure is left standing...the fabric only lasted about 3 months). So we planted one on each side and the right one barely grew last year and the left one flourished...but neither produced grapes.
This year the left one is still healthy and huge and the right one is actually growing a bit more than last year....when the leaves started growing back we noticed what looked like little bunches of grapes, but they were so small, I wasn't really sure....today when I was watering them with the boys left over pool water ther were grapes.....a whole bunch of grapes...I'm excited!!!! Don't know what we are going to do with them because all the home grown grapes I have ever had have been really sour....but I'm just excited about the grapes growing!!! I actually never reall thought grapes were actually going to grow...who knew? ;-)
The left grape vine....
Can you see all the grapes??
A close-up
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Grapes...who knew???
Posted by Kate at 3:24 PM
Labels: projects, random things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment