Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tucker's birth'day' celebration

On Tucker's actual birthday he asked to eat at Texas Roadhouse for dinner, so we braved the snow storm and headed there. We all ate yummy steak and at the end of dinner our waitress brought him an ice cream sundae and was going to sing to him and he got totally embarrassed and dove into Gramma's side and didn't come back out until he was sure she was gone! Poor Guy!

After dinner we stopped at the grocery store and he picked out a cheesecake for his birthday cake (and a piece of carrot cake for Grampa since Grampa doesn't like cheesecake.) Gramma and Grampa got him his very first chapter book, he started it that night (the 2nd) and he finished it on the 7th! He loved it and immediately asked for the 2nd book of the series, which I got for him yesterday. He says that now he only wants to read chapter books, so I am on a mission to find a good used book store here because at the rate he is going I am going to go broke buying all these new books for him! I am beyond proud of him and his reading skills!!!
Ty was still the 'paper throwing away nazi', but this time with a twist...he is so silly!
Me and my 7 year old!!! How did my chubby little baby get to grown up so fast!?

0 comments: