Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Eve

We had a quiet, but fun New Years Eve as a family. Where we live, shooting fireworks is a big thing..and Vinny and Tucker LOVE shooting them off, so that is what we did once it got dark. I don't know what the deal was with the fireworks we bought, but they were not very good...safety wise anyways..and I know..fireworks aren't really that safe..but these seemed to be worse..the little tubes you put the lit fireworks in to shoot it up..we had 4 and 3 of them exploded..which isn't supposed to happen, then Vinny lit one off and it miss-fired and ended up hitting him in the shoulder..it burnt a whole through his new jacket and through his t-shirt too..he was really lucky it didn't hit him in the face or hit one of the kids...despite the little mishaps..we still had a good time and lit off all of our fireworks. Tucker and Trey made it up until 11pm and then they went to sleep and Ty had been asleep since about 9:30..so Vinny and I watched the ball drop together on TV then went outside and watched some more fireworks other people were shooting off! It was a fun Eve :D

Tucker and I watching the fireworks!

Vinny lighting off some of the fireworks

Tucker with the fireworks trying to decide what to light off next

Trey only watched for a few minutes..he doesn't like the noise..he has sensitive ears

Tucker in Vinny's truck..he LOVES fireworks..it is funny the differences in Tucker and Trey

0 comments: