Sunday, November 1, 2009

Carving Pumpkins!

On Friday night the boys and I decided to carve our pumpkins. I love that the boys are able to help out more and more each year. This year they pretty much pulled out all the seeds by themselves and all I had to do was scrape out the guts. While I was scraping out those guts I had the boys go through their Halloween books and pick out a picture of what they wanted their pumpkin to look like. Tucker's pumpkin is the big one. Trey's pumpkin is the smallest one and then on the 3rd pumpkin, Trey picked the eyes and nose and Tucker picked out his mouth. Vinny is definitely the more artistic one between the two of us, so the pumpkins always look better when he does them...so I did the best I could do since he is still working. The boys told me they loved their pumpkins and Tucker even told me, "thank you for carving pumpkins" I love when he uses good manners like that! It makes me proud :D We saved the seeds like my mom always did and today we baked them in the oven with some seasonings and they turned out delicious!!! I love this time of year!!!!

The boys with their collection of pumpkins.



Tucker reaching in for the guts.



Trey holding the pumpkin for Tucker.




Trey reaching in the pumpkin.


Trey showing me the "guts"


He liked pulling out the guts this year.

Tucker liked the guts too :D
Me getting ready to carve the pumpkins.


Our jack-o-lanterns!



The finished product all lit up!

0 comments: