For Thanksgiving we made a quick trip to Ft. Worth to spend some much overdue time with Vinny's side of the the family. It was wonderful to see everyone...it's amazing how much all of the cousins have grown!!!
![]() |
| The boys on Thanksgiving |
While we were there we ate SO much. We had to eat at our Texas favorites: What-A-Burger...the absolute best fast food burger! We also had Shipley's do-nuts. Hands down the BEST do-nuts EVER!!! Their hot and fresh glazed do-nuts are amazing, melt in your mouth...they also have kolachies (think pigs in a blanket only much, much better) sausage, cheese, and jalapeno. Shipley's has ruined all other do-nuts for me (when we lived in Houston we would eat there once a week if not more). I don't want to think of how many do-nuts I consumed while we were there and my stomach literally just growled thinking of those do-nuts! If the closest Shipley's wasn't 577 miles away I would totally make Vinny drive me there in the morning (yes I did just look it up!) Vinny's brother took us to a true whole in the wall Mexican restaurant..that was delicious. We ate Fuzzy's Tacos...weird name, but very good! Then Saturday we went to the flea market mostly so we could get our Mexican cup of fruit with lime and chili powder.

Besides all of the going out to eat, we had an amazing Thanksgiving dinner. We had a TON of family at Vinny's brother's house. We had 4 turkeys, 2 deep fried by Vinny and 2 baked and then all the traditional fixings. We were all stuffed! Both of Vinny's brother were there and this was the first time in like 15 years they have all been together for a holiday. After eating we played some games, Left Right Center, Spoons, and Poker. I even went out "Black Friday" shopping with my sister-in-law and her sister. It was pretty fun!
We made a trip to Cabela's and this was the best Cabela's I've ever been in. It was so awesome. They have a ton of taxidermied animals, but they have them grouped in sections almost like a museum. Plus they have a huge aquarium. (Oh and across the street in a huge pasture, there was a herd of buffalo!)
I have a big love/hate relationship with Texas, but while there I was reminded of a few things I love: #1 Family, of course! and then the big beautiful sun sets (Colorado sunsets are amazingly beautiful, but very different because we have the mountain in the way and it is so very different!) and the crazy amount of birds that just sit on each intersections light posts. It's one of those random things that I completely forgot about living in Colorado, but was a regular occurrence in Texas. I don't know why it just fascinates me!











1 comments:
I remember the birds!! When we left Dallas after picking up our Compass from their port authority, they were everywhere!! I'm glad you had fun in TX! I'm not the biggest fan of whataburger, but I'm glad you guys got to catch up on your missed favies!
Post a Comment